User who creates flex.bi account is Owner of the account. Owner has all rights for this account and also can add additional users to account. In case of private accounts only specified account users will have access to account data.
When you add new account user then this user will receive an e-mail invitation with registration instructions. Once the registration is complete by accepting invitation in the e-mail the user will have specified access to the account. If you both are users in some other account then flex.bi will suggest other known users either by their name or email.
When you add new users to account you need to specify their role:
- User admin can manage users, import source data, define calculated members and create, update, and delete any report and dashboard.
- Data admin can import source data, define calculated members and create, update, and delete any report and dashboard.
- Reports admin can define calculated members and measures, and also create, update, and delete any report and dashboard.
- User can create and update their own reports and view any reports and dashboard pages. Also can add new report specific measures in their own reports.
- Viewer can make new reports but can't save reports for repeated usage. Viewers can view existing reports and dashboard pages.
- Dashboards viewer can only view dashboard pages or embedded report and dashboard iframes.
A user with any role can access all cubes, dimensions, and measures in the corresponding account. If you need to limit access to reports, dashboards, cubes, and dimensions in a specific account, then use data access roles.